Malignant tumor that typically have a nature, that is to be spread wide in all other parts of the body and develop into a new tumor. This is called the spread metastase. Cancer has characteristics that vary. There is growing rapidly, there is a growing not too fast, such as breast cancer.
Breast cancer cells that can grow to become the first tumor of 1 cm at the time of 8-12 years. Cell cancer is still on the breast gland. Cellular breast cancer can spread through the bloodstream to the entire body. When the distribution is in progress, we do not know. Breast cancer cells can lurk in our bodies for years without us know, and suddenly become active malignant tumor or cancer.
# The development of cancer #
~ Stadium I (early stages)
The amount of tumor is not more than 2 - 2.25 cm, and there is no dissemination (metastase) lymph gland in the armpit. At the stadium I, the possibility of healing is a perfect 70%. To check or not metastase to the body of another, must be examined in the laboratory.
~ Stadium II
Tumor is greater than 2.25 cm and metastase have occurred in the lymph gland in the armpit. At this stadium, it is possible to recover only 30 - 40% depending on the extent of the spread of cancer cells. At the stadium I and II, the operation is usually done to raise cancer cells that exist in the distribution of the whole, and after the irradiation operation is done to ensure no more cancer cells are left behind.
~ Stadium III
Tumor is quite large, the cancer cells have spread to the entire body, and the possibility to recover the bone. Treatment breast means there is no more. Treatment is usually only done radio and chemotherapie (the drugs that can kill cancer cells).
Sometimes surgery is also done to lift the breast which is worse. This business just to prevent the development of cancer cells in the body and to alleviate the suffering of patients as closely as possible.
# Prevention early #
Need to know, that 9 of 10 women find the tumor in the breast. For early prevention, can be done alone. Slightly increase breast examination so difficult. How the examination is as follows:
- Stand in front of the mirror and see whether there is difference in the breast. Usually the second breast is not the same, do not stalk also located on the same altitude. Note whether there are wrinkles, indentation, or interested in the hilt. If there is a deviation, or exit the fluid or blood from nipple, flee to go to the doctor.
- Put both arms above the head and note again the second breast.
- Lowering the body to depend on breast down, and check again.
- Lie on the bed and place the left hand behind the head, and a pillow under the left shoulder. hold the left breast with the right fingers. Check whether there is a lump in the breast. And also check whether there is a lump or swelling in the left axilla.
- Check and hold the nipple and surrounding areas. In general, when be touched with the fingers hands will feel spongy and easily moved. If there is a lump, it will feel hard and can not be moved (can not be moved from its place). When you feel there is a lump of 1 cm or more, go to the doctor flee. The early handling, the more likely to recover the perfect.
- Do the same thing for the right breast and axilla.
# Treatment information #
When found the lump, the doctor will usually recommend to do the examination mammografie. Mammografie breast examination is a tool with the rays and how the examination is a simple, no pain, and only takes 5 - 10 minutes. How is putting breast alternately between 2 pieces of litter, and then made the image rays from top to bottom and from left to right. Results this photo will be reviewed by expert doctors Radiology. A lump of 0.25 cm can be seen on mammogram.
Alternatively the operation is to take a small example network (biopsy) from benjolan, then examined under the microscope in pathology anatomy laboratory. When known and ascertained that the lump was cancer, the breast should be lifted entirely to avoid the spread to other parts of the body.
Who should undergo examination mammografie?
- Women aged over 50 years.
- Women who have a mother or sister who had suffered breast cancer.
- Women who had one of the pickup breast. Women in this group must be in strict control.
- Women who had never delivered a child. In fact, often found in this group of breast cancer.